Regional Phase of a PCT application in EURASIA
- a number of a PCT patent application;
- advance payment of filing and examination fees
Late payment of the filing and examination fees is allowed with a 20% and 50% surcharge.
- Power of Attorney form (signed).
- Russian translation.
A Power of Attorney and a Russian translationshould be submitted within 2 months from the filing date.
of filing a Eurasian patent application will depend upon the number of patent claims and presence of the International Search Report (ISR).
Basic filing fee
for five patent claims is 400 euro or 300 euro in presence of ISR
Additional filing fee
for each patent claim over
- five is 55 euro;
- twenty is 60 euro;
- fifty is 70 euro.
Free cost estimation is available upon a request.
- 430 euro for one independent patent claim
- for a group of inventions
- 430 euro for the first independent patent claim,
- 285 euro for the second independent patent claim,
- 140 euro for the third and each further patent claim
Advantages of the EURASIAN Patent Convention:
- A PCT patent application may enter its Regional Stage in EAPO in 31(thirty one) months from its priority date. A missed term may be restored within 2 months;
- It is not necessary to enter national phases in all contracting states only one application is filed and ONE patent is issued that valid in all 8 contracting states for the first three years;
- Only a Russian translation is required for all states;
- An accelerated examination may be conducted within 1 month;
- The states are designated after grant by paying due annuities in the selected states after expiration of 3 years;
- Annuities are not payable until a EA patent is issued;
- An EA patent covers a territory with population comparative with the USA and Canada;
- The Eurasian Patent Convention is modern, advanced and adapted to the needs of the applicants.
- EAPO is an International Organization independent of all political or economic situations in the contracting States.